Wednesday, April 18, 2012

From Charlotte, NC

The time has come to start this great adventure! I am staying with my brother for the night and will be leaving on a bus from Charlotte in the morning. In the past few hours, some new information has come to light. A good friend of mine from college, James Fuqua, was planning on hiking a section of the trail from Springer Mountain, GA to Damascus, VA. We are currently trying to figure out the logistics of meeting up at Springer Mtn. and are looking at a possible start date on Saturday.

As the time has come for leaving, I have had so many different thoughts and feelings toward this hike. It has been a little overwhelming at times, but as I am sitting here now, I am incredibly excited and ready to start this journey! Thank you to everyone that has made this hike possible. I am very grateful for the opportunity to be able to do something that I love for an organization that means the world to me, and I am very humbled by all the support this hike has received thus far. The next post will be from the Trail!

-Matt Primiani

No comments:

Post a Comment