Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26th Check-In

"I'm OK," says Ewok on this beautiful Tuesday morning. Click here to see Matt's location at 10:45am this morning. AT for CZC continues to make its way towards Central Virginia and appears to be near the small hiker town of Pearisburg.

During my last conversation with Matt, he discussed the difficulty of finding water in Southwest Virginia. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their luck has changed since we spoke over the weekend...

It appears that they have already hiked up the 1,500 foot elevation change that greets hikers upon leaving the small town. With this behind them, they should have a fairly smooth ten mile hike in front of them. Chances are they have already hiked this stretch as I type the log entry this evening.

Will post again as soon as I hear from Matt and James.

1 comment:

  1. James checked in at 8:00 this morning. They were about 17 miles south of Catawba, VA, and 37 miles from Troutville.

    Everything was fine and the hot weather in the South was not affecting them in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete