Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Aqua-blazing the Shenandoah

It has been an amazing week off the trail back home in VA. We have all enjoyed spending time with family and friends, and new friends too! But it is time for our northward bound traveling adventures to continue.

While Dylan has returned to the northeast to hike Katahdin with his family, and James has returned to Nashville, Low Profile, Houdini, and I will continue our journey north. 

There are so many people to thank at this point in time. I would like to thank my parents for hosting us this past week and for feeding us endlessly! I would also like to thank Meghan Norred, Miles Kimbrough, and Stephanie Marino for their hospitality and for showing us such fun times in Richmond and Charlottesville, VA!

It was also so great to see some CZC family, Myk, Kevin, and Clay, at the Avett Brothers show last week! 

To the Jay-bird- you know how hard this is for me to put into words. And I know that my words cannot do justice to all that we have seen and experienced in the past three months. I am going to miss traveling with you very much. But I am so happy that we shared these incredible adventures on and off the AT.

To Dylan and Crazy Beard- I can’t wait to regroup and continue hiking with you guys when we make it to Connecticut!

Tomorrow, Houdini, Low Profile, and I will set out on an aqua-blaze on the Shenandoah River from Port Republic to Harpers Ferry. We expect the 150 mile canoe trip to take anywhere from 7-10 days depending on the water levels. Special thank you to Jon Waldron for letting us borrow his canoe and for providing us with the opportunity for new experiences on the river.

AT for CZC continues!

-Ewok

No comments:

Post a Comment